We love making things at GameCity. Games, doodles, paintings, cakes, fancy dress costumes, songs, all sorts. This year we thought we’d have a go at creating something really special. But, like with a lot of things we do, we need some help.
As part of our day of Legend of Zelda celebrations, on Saturday October 29th we’re going to have a go at making a zine!
So if you’re a fan of the many, many Zelda games, tell us! Or even better, show us! Make your appreciation of Zelda known publicly, candidly and creatively. We’d love to see your stories, anecdotes, fanfic, photography, art, poetry, reviews, illustrations, comics, puzzles, recipes, craft…anything goes! As long as it’s family friendly of course. We know most people who’ve encountered Navi and Tingle have something unsavoury to say about them but keep it PG please.
Then, sometime during the Saturday 29th Zelda Takeover Day, we’ll make the zine available in a super-special-limited-edition-first-come-first-served-quick-run type manner. So keep one eye on our Twitter and Facebook. But keep the other one on the amazing festival activities going on, obviously. Maybe get a friend to help you with other things like crossing roads and eating?
Look out for the special postbox in the Old Market Square tent where you can submit your wonderful creations from Wednesday – Friday anytime from 10:00am-5:00pm or email your submissions to email@example.com to the specifications detailed below.
Submission deadline – 5pm Friday October 28.
• A5 (UK size – 210mm x 148mm portrait)
• Email text or high resolution images (.jpg or .pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Black and White
• Written submissions to take up no more than 2 pages. Typed or handwritten is fine.
• Illustrations one page or double page spread (but bear in mind there may be a small white border on both pages)
Some obligatory submission rules, regulations and other things to take note of:
1. Unfortunately, submission of content does not guarantee inclusion.
2. By submitting content to GameCity’s ZeldaZine project you agree that GameCity reserves all rights to use any/all content for future publications and/or promotional uses, both online and print.
3. Every effort will be made to keep submissions as close to original as possible but some minor editing may be needed to fit the size and specification.
4. Due to the work being potentially published and distributed to the public, please refrain from any swearing, sexual content or other content that GameCity, at its sole discretion, considers in-appropriate, that would deem the submission ineligible to publish.
5. The zine will be available on 29.10.11 in a limited, first come first served manner. GameCity will attempt to make this as fair as possible but we will not be held liable in any way if demand outstrips availability. Hopefully we’ll be able to do another print in the future.
6. Efforts may be made to recoup production costs involved. Any profits from future sales of the zine will be distributed to a charity of GameCity’s choice.
7. Please don’t cross the road without looking both ways. That would be silly now, wouldn’t it.